Children's home fined after child
In a catalogue of complaints, environmental health inspectors believed children were at risk of being scalded by hot water and surfaces, falling from open windows and being injured by glass windows.
The society, whose head offices are next door to Francis House, pleaded guilty at Manchester Magistrate's Court to one offence under the Health and Safety at Work Act 1974 and to two breaches of the Management of Air Max Basketball
"We were not trying to cut corners, it was a genuine mistake. The changes we have since made at the home will ensure it never happens again in the future."
The city council prosecuted the Catholic Children's Rescue Society because it failed to protect the safety of youngsters staying at Mount Carmel home on Parrs Wood Road, East Didsbury. In total it was fined 3,000 and was ordered to pay council costs of 3,908.25.
Father Wilson said: "We of course regret that the incident happened. It took place around the time we were going through a major refurbishment of the home. When all the windows were being replaced to meet safety standards there was an unfortunate oversight on our behalf and one window was not done to the legal standard. This is why we pleaded guilty.
Free morning newspaper, The Metro, published every weekday, is also part of our portfolio,
Earlier that year Air Max Drawing
Greater Manchester Business Week is the region's number one provider of business news andfeatures, targeting a bespoke business audience with 12,687 copies every Thursday.
If you feel we have made an error in a report, or have fallen below our usual high standards, please write in the first instance to: Rob Irvine, editor, Manchester Evening News, Mitchell Henry House, Hollinwood Avenue, Chadderton, Oldham OL9 8EP.
Councillor Val Stevens, executive member for planning and the environment said: "The health and safety of the children in this home was of paramount concern when we decided to take this case to court. No employer can afford to cut corners when it comes to the health and safety of either their employees or service users. In this case a child was injured.
A subsequent visit by environmental health found that although many windows in the home had safety glazing, this particular window, along with some others, had not.
Health and Safety at Work Act 1999.
children being injured by glass by ensuring all windows had safety glazing.
the home had been served with a notice requiring staff to lessen the risk of Air Max Yeezy 90
delivering more than 200,000 readers in Greater Manchester.
But the director of the society, Father Bernard Wilson, said he was surprised the council decided to prosecute as it continued to place children at the home.
Father Wilson, who has been director of the Catholic Children's Rescue Society since 1990 said: "We were surprised the council decided to prosecute because they still continue to use the home, and pay to use it so they obviously have no concerns about us. And a recent inspection report Air Max 95 Navy Blue said the home was an excellent facility for children. So the council is happy, we are happy and the users of the home are happy. We have learnt from the incident and are looking forward to the future."
In June 2001 a teenager staying at Mount Carmel suffered cuts to his hand, wrist and arm when he lashed out and broke a window.
Nike Kobe Xi Elite Low
Air Max 95 Ultra Se Blue
Nike Air Max 95 Teal
Nike Running Shoes Gel
Air Max Flyknit Mens
Air Max 95 Ultra On Feet
Nike Air Max 95 Safari Animal Pack
Cheap Nike Running Shoes
Nike Air Max 95 Womens Blue
Air Max 95 Sneakerboot Green
Nike Kobe 11 Christmas
Nike Air Max 95 Sneakerboot Trainers In Green
Nike Hyperdunk Supreme
Air Max Roshe Runs
Cheap Nike Air Max Mens